Frank Zappa - Halloween 73 Limited Edition 4CD Boxset + Mask & Gloves
Now for the first time ever, Zappa’s two complete Halloween shows recorded on the 31st October, 1973 in Chicago, will be released just in time for Halloween.
Continuing the Halloween series that the Zappa Family Trust began in 2017 with the acclaimed Halloween 77 releases, Halloween 73 is released as a specially designed, limited run four-disc costume box complete with a FRANKenZAPPA mask and gloves, housed in a display worthy box. Produced by Ahmet Zappa and Vaultmeister Joe Travers, the boxed set is rounded out with a 40-page booklet featuring detailed liner notes from Travers and Ruth Komanoff Underwood and Ralph Humphrey, Zappa’s bandmates who played in the shows, and a wealth of never-before-seen photos from the event.
Limited Edition 4CD Boxset with Mask & Gloves.
Disc 1 (Show 1)
1. “Happy Halloween To Each And Every One Of You” 4:36
2. Pygmy Twylyte 3:25
3. The Idiot Bastard Son 2:24
4. Cheepnis 3:28
5. “Another Assembly Of Items” 1:29
6. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue 1:02
7. Kung Fu 1:32
8. Penguin In Bondage 7:12
9. T’Mershi Duween 1:46
10. The Dog Breath Variations 1:47
11. Uncle Meat 2:24
12. RDNZL 5:54
13. Village Of The Sun 4:14
14. Ecidna’s Arf (Of You) 4:11
15. Don’t You Ever Wash That Thing? 9:54
16. Montana 6:55
Disc 2 (Show 1 Continued)
1. Dupree’s Paradise 19:12
2. “Almost Up To Date” 1:35
3. Dickie’s Such An Asshole 10:04
4. “That Greatest Of American Holidays” 4:50
5. Cosmik Debris 6:51
6. “We’re Hurtin’ For Tunes” 1:04
7. Pygmy Twylyte 3:40
8. The Idiot Bastard Son 2:17
9. Cheepnis 4:18
10. I’m The Slime 4:29
11. Big Swifty 9:37
Disc 3 (Show 2 Continued)
1. The History Of The San Clemente Magnetic Deviation 1:50
2. Dickie’s Such An Asshole 9:59
3. “Another New Event” :56
4. Farther O’Blivion – Part 1 9:03
5. Father O’Blivion – Part 2 10:10
6. “Pervert’s Special Holiday” 1:10
7. Penguin In Bondage 7:27
8. T’Mershi Duween 1:45
9. RDNZL 6:06
10. Inca Roads 10:55
11. Medley: Son Of Mr. Green Genes/King Kong/Chunga’s Revenge 16:23
Disc 4 (Bonus Rehearsals 10-20/21-73)
1. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue (10-21-73) 1:05
2. Penguin In Bondage (10-20-73) 6:45
3. T’Mershi Duween (10-20-73) 1:46
4. Dog Breath (10-20-73) 1:28
5. The Dog Breath Variations (10-20-73) 1:20
6. Uncle Meat (10-20-73) 2:18
7. RDNZL (10-20-73) 5:10
8. Magic Fingers (10-21-73) 4:47
9. Inca Roads (10-20-73) 14:38
10. Father O’Blivion (10-21-73) 17:54
11. Cosmik Debris (10-20-73) 10:36
12. Big Swifty (10-21-73) 4:41
HALLOWEEN 73 HIGHLIGHTS TRACK LIST
1. “Happy Halloween To Each And Every One Of You” (Show 1) 4:36
2. Pygmy Twylyte (Show 2) 3:40
3. The Idiot Bastard Son (Show 2) 2:17
4. Cheepnis (Show 2) 3:18
5. “Another Assembly Of Items” (Show 1) 1:29
6. The Eric Dolphy Memorial Barbecue (Show 1) 1:02
7. Kung Fu (Show 1) 1:32
8. Penguin In Bondage (Show 1) 7:12
9. T’Mershi Duween (Show 1) 1:46
10. The Dog Breath Variations (Show 1) 1:47
11. Uncle Meat (Show 1) 2:24
12. RDNZL (Show 1) 5:50
13. I’m The Slime (Show 2) 4:29
14. Big Swifty (Show 2) 9:25
15. “The History Of The San Clemente Magnetic Deviation (Show 2) 1:48
16. Dickie’s Such An Asshole (Show 2) 10:24
We always aim to send any orders placed before 3pm the very same day, any orders placed after 3pm will be sent the following day. In some cases we may have to wait for the item to arrive back in stock but this is very rare. Please note due to Covid-19 they're may be slight delays in processing your order.
If you placed an order and haven't received it yet, it may be because your order contained a pre-order item. If this item is still listed as a pre-order title on the site, then your total order is on hold until every item in your purchase is available.
All orders are posted out within one working day. UK orders can take up to 2 working days to arrive. European orders can take up to 7 working days to arrive. Rest of the world orders can take up to 15 working days to arrive. If you haven't received your order within an appropriate time frame, then please contact us with your order number.
If an item is on “pre-order” it means that it is in production and you have the opportunity to pay for and reserve it. The item’s estimated shipping date can be found on the product page and it will be updated if there are any delays. IMPORTANT: If you purchase ready-to-ship items along with your pre-order, your order will be fulfilled when the pre-order is ready. If you wish to receive the other items sooner you must place a separate order.
We participate in Record Store Day every year, more information about the event will be added to the website nearer to the event. Record Store Day 2019 is taking place on the 13th April, you can find more information about it on the Record Store Day website.
We use MusicMax Mailers which are considered the best mailers available, with various stiffeners to ensure all items arrive in pristine condition.
Free UK shipping on all orders over £200.
Usually. Simply click on the dropdown arrow next to any 'Add to cart' button and choose the 'Add to an existing order' option. (At our busiest times this option is sometimes suspended.)
Of course - lots of people do! Place your order through the site as normal, using the 'In-store collect' option in the checkout.
We accept most major credit / debit cards, google pay and Paypal. If you use our 'In-store collect' option you can pay cash too. We no longer accept cheques or postal orders unless you already have an arrangement with us.
Yes we accept PayPal, simply select the option at checkout.
Yes we are always buying in Vinyl collections, if you have some you would like to sell give us a call on 01204524018 or email us at email@example.com.
Yes that's fine, give us a call on 01204524018 and we'll assist you.
All of our products are listed on a real time inventory, unless it states all products are in stock. We do run a busy physical store and in some cases the item may be out of stock.
If you have any issues or change your mind about you purchase we offer a 30 day quibble free returns policy.